Homes of the AAGBI
21 Portland Place
At first, Council meetings were held in Harley Street at the rooms of Zebulon Mennell, President from 1938 to 1941.
In 1944 the Association moved to rooms at 45 Lincoln's Inn Fields rented from the Royal College of Surgeons. A room for Council meetings and another for its secretarial support were used.
The Association stayed in these rooms until 1973 when it moved to a small suite of offices in the British Medical Association's complex in Tavistock Square.
Again, the growth of the Association resulted in it obtaining its own premises a ‘home for anaesthesia'. The lease of 9 Bedford Square was bought and in 1985 the Association moved in.
In 2002 the Association moved from Bedford Square to 21 Portland Place to allow it to run larger seminars and to provide better facilities for its members.
Find out about hiring our facilites at 21 Portland Place. Find out more »