Want to be involved?
The Anaesthesia Heritage Centre relies on its volunteers to enrich the service offered to its visitors, and we are very grateful for their help. Last year we received over 1,000 visitors, and we hope to build on that with their assistance.
Volunteers are involved in the following areas:
- Updating the information on our collections' databases
- Historical research – you don’t always need to travel to London to do this. Some can be done by email
- Answering enquiries from researchers
- Giving tours, talks and object handling for group and school visits
- Oral history interviews: carrying out the interviews and editing the recordings
- Inventorying objects in the museum, library and archives, as well as in our off-site storage facilities
- Assisting at events, such as WSM and Annual Congress
- Helping to curate temporary and travelling exhibitions
All volunteers receive travelling expenses and lunch as well as training in the various aspects of the work.
Our volunteers have a range of roles in the Heritage Centre, from leading tours to planning events.