Keep up to date locally with essential topics in anaesthesia by attending the AAGBI’s Core Topics meeting. Central to the AAGBI’s educational programme Core Topics meetings are one or two day conferences held at different locations about the UK and Ireland.
- Covering a broad spectrum of core topics essential to every anaesthetist, including trainees
- The opportunity to update your knowledge and top up your CPD in a time and cost effective way.
- Discover what’s new, share ideas and network with peers in these didactic and interactive sessions.
- Covering FRCA exam subjects, perfect for busy trainee anaesthetists.
- Come away with up-to-date information and skills.
Forthcoming Core Topics meetings are shown below:
|Manchester||5-6 May 2017||Manchester Conference Centre||Dr Akbar Vohra & Dr Ramana Alladi|
|Exeter||12 May 2017||Sandy Park Conference Centre||Dr Bruce McCormick & Dr Katharine Meikle|
|Birmingham||30 June 2017||Novotel Birmingham||Drs Nick Murphy, Naginder Singh & Laura Tasker|
|Leeds||14 July 2017||Marriot Hotel Leeds||Dr Pawan Gupta|
|Wessex||5 October 2017||Holiday Inn Winchester||Dr Paul Diprose & Dr Richard Heames|
|London||3-4 November 2017||Royal College of Physicians||Dr Kausi Rao and Dr Rehana Iqbal|
|Leicester||17 November 2017||Holiday Inn Leicester||Dr Andrea Morris|
|Belfast||8 December 2017||Clayton Hotel Belfast||Dr Peter Maguire|
Core Topics sessions may also include:
- Adult anaesthesia, which may include vascular, orthopaedic, day case, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, ambulatory surgery pre-operative assessment and any other aspect of adult anaesthesia care
- Paediatric anaesthesia and medicine
- Intensive care medicine
- Medicine for anaesthetists
- Radiology for anaesthetists
- Pain management, acute and chronic
- Emergency medicine
- Obstetric anaesthesia and analgesia
Core Topics Lead: Dr Elizabeth McGrady, Glasgow - To contact Dr McGrady on matters regarding core topics please email firstname.lastname@example.org