Applications are invited for a one-year Fellowship attached to the Journal, starting at the AAGBI Annual Congress in September 2017.
Applications must be received via email by midnight on Wednesday 31 May 2017.
The appointment will run concurrently with the Fellow’s usual anaesthetic training programme. The Fellow’s roles will include involvement in general journal business including handling submissions (but not with direct responsibility). The Fellow must also:
- Attend the 6-monthly Editors’ away days and Editorial Board meetings during their term
- Attend at least one Committee on Publication Ethics forum/meeting
- Attend the AAGBI Annual Congress in September 2017, AAGBI Winter Scientific Meeting in January 2018, and either the GAT Annual Scientific Meeting in June 2018 or Annual Congress in September 2018, and assist in the programmes as required.
The Fellow will be answerable to and supervised by a designated Editor and thence the Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board. There will be no payment or honorarium but reasonable travel expenses to attend the above meetings will be met, according to usual AAGBI policy.
The Fellow and Editor/Editor-in-Chief will compile a brief report at the end of the Fellowship, to be submitted to the Editorial Board and School of Anaesthesia/Deanery as appropriate.
Suitable applicants must:
- Be post-FRCA (or equivalent)
- Not have a substantive non-training appointment offered or accepted at the time of taking up the post
- Be an AAGBI member
- Have an interest in, and commitment to, advancement of the specialty via the areas described in the AAGBI research strategy (http://www.aagbi.org/research)
- Undertake to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all journal/AAGBI activities
Selection will be by a panel consisting of the Editor-in-Chief, an Editor and a GAT Committee representative. Applications must be received via email by midnight on 31 May 2017 to email@example.com, and should consist of:
- A brief (max. half-page) CV, to include your current position, AAGBI membership number and CT date
- A summary (max. 300 words) of a) how you meet the criteria; b) what you can bring to the Fellowship; and c) what you hope to gain from i
In your covering email, please include: i) the name and email address of your current or immediate past Educational Supervisor, who must be available to respond within a few days if contacted shortly after the closing date; ii) a statement that you hereby commit to informing the Editorial Office if you are offered or take up a non-training position between the date of application and the beginning of the Fellowship.